Our Commitment to Donors
Urban Boatbuilders will provide a secure environment for collecting donations and maintaining internal controls governing the safekeeping of all confidential donor and financial and personal information. In all financial information systems and transactions, Urban Boatbuilders will work to protect the financial information of donors and earn the trust they have placed in the organization. Therefore, Urban Boatbuilders will not lend, sell, or rent mailing lists of our donors or participants personal information to any third party. Your name, address, phone number or credit card information will not be used outside of the organization. Urban Boatbuilders subscribes and adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Bill of Rights, which you may view online at www.afpnet.org. You can remove your information from our database by contacting our office at (651) 644-9225 or sending us a written request of donor removal to:
2288 University Avenue West
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Donor information is kept secure through the following actions:
- Credit Card numbers are not retained on-site physically or electronically. Only the final four numbers may be recorded in a transaction record. All donation envelopes containing credit card or personal information are shredded after the gifts are entered into the Urban Boatbuilders database. All envelopes or gifts are held in a locked area or secure safe until processed.
- Urban Boatbuilders accepts on-line donations through the Urban Boatbuilders website and Vanco Payment Solutions, a secured website. Urban Boatbuilders recommends that donors protect their credit card data by using a secure on-line gift service and never sharing personal information through email or over the phone. Urban Boatbuilders cannot absolutely guarantee that credit card data handled by a third party processor will be secure and is not liable for the information a donor shares with others.
- Urban Boatbuilders maintains address, phone, and email information in a password protected database and also notes donor preference regarding when and how they wish to be contacted and/or acknowledged. Any donor may request to see the information retained in their personal record at Urban Boatbuilders.
- All gifts provided by donors who wish to remain anonymous are entered into the system as anonymous gifts and included in any reports under the heading "anonymous." A preference for anonymity is noted on their personal record.
- All donors are offered tax-receipt acknowledgements for their gifts and have the right to refuse a receipt or acknowledgement.