Program and Volunteer Specialist
The Program and Volunteer Specialist will gain broad experience in nonprofit programming and volunteer management. This position will take a lead role in improving the programming offered by Urban Boatbuilders as well as formalizing and executing volunteer management strategies to ensure the success of Urban Boatbuilders.
The position begins July 28, 2015.
School Partnership Programs
- Assess current Partnership Program offerings including focus and success of each
- Create and implement a plan to strengthen Apprenticeship Program and School Boatbuilding Partnership Program
- Work with staff and volunteers to develop manuals for each boat
- Develop program facilitation resources for program staff
- Develop a volunteer program manual
- Develop and implement volunteer recruitment plan
- Develop and implement volunteer intake process
- Develop a process to match volunteer skills and interests with the needs of Urban Boatbuilders
- Develop training process and materials for volunteers who work directly with youth
- Conduct alumni post surveys six-months after apprentice completion of the program.
- Ensure evaluation tools are being consistently and effectively administered to program participants.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Some experience working with youth preferred
- Some experience managing volunteers and working with nonprofits preferred
- Some knowledge of program development and evaluation preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team and with a wide variety of people in all kinds of situations
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Ability to pass a criminal background check if selected
Work will take place in an office attached to a boat shop which results in some sawdust and times with increased levels of moderate noise.
Compensation and Benefits
AmeriCorps VISTA members receive the following service benefits:
- Living Allowance: $11,796 for 12 months of service (paid bi-weekly)
- Education Award ($5,645) or end-of-service stipend ($1,500), upon successful completion of service
- Health benefits
- Federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment
- 10 day of personal leave, 10 days of sick leave and site-observed Federal holidays
- Extensive professional development opportunities (group and individual)
- Relocation (up to $1,000) and Settling-in Allowance ($550) if moving more than 50 miles to serve, where eligible
- Up to $400 per month, per child, in child care reimbursement, if eligible
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Marc Hosmer at email@example.com by 5:00pm on May 27th.